• Successful Contract Negotiating Strategies and Skills
• Improve your success rate in negotiating Win-Win contracts.
Trainer: Terry McClendon, Managing Director,
Negotiating contracts are part of everyday life. These contracts range from informal agreements between colleagues and friends to formal and binding contracts worth many millions of dollars.
Effective contract negotiation is a crucial part of any business. Contracts can be negotiated in relation to employment, suppliers, leases, licenses, franchises, sales, license, real estate or partnerships, among other circumstances.
When negotiating, both parties are there to make a deal that benefits them. You need sufficient knowledge and skills to get what you want.
Effective contract negotiation is a crucial part of any business.
Are you skilled in..
- Overcoming objections?
- Recognizing the best communication style to use?
- Influence communication?
- Gaining rapport?
- Getting to ‘yes’?
WHY YOU CANNOT MISS THIS COURSE
This course will provide you with quality tools to equip you to negotiate Win-Win contracts.
In this comprehensive 2 day training program you will learn to:
- Identity what you want out of a contract
- Understand what you can reasonably expect to get
- Determine what you are willing to give up
- Understand the pitfalls of failing to recognize the other party’s strengths and weaknesses
- Have sufficient skill to overcome objections
- Be able to learn as much as you can about the other party
- Know how to close the deal.
This training course will be very interactive and practical. Participants will practice negotiating contracts in small groups throughout the 2 days. As you develop the content of the contracts you will be taught practical interpersonal communication skills to use at each stage of the contract negotiation. Additionally,
- Each participant will go through the process of developing and negotiating his own contract around a subject of his/her choice.
- Example scenarios will also be created within the training group.
You will also learn:
- THE MEANING of gestures, voice tone and language in negotiating
- HOW to BUILD rapport and trust with your negotiating partner
- SKILLS to bypass resistance
- INFLUENCING language
- STRATEGIES to influence negotiations on the unconscious
- CONGRUENT and ethical issues in negotiating contracts
- TO ACHIEVE mutually beneficial results
- TO DEVELOP skills to determine alternative negotiating strategies
- TO IDENTIFY and use your own strong points
- WHY the other party needs you
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Executives, Managers or Individuals who want to improve their influencing and negotiating skills when
- Negotiating external business contracts on behalf of your company
- egotiating workplace contracts.
- Selling or buying real estate
- Drawing up a partnership
- Distributing assets within a partnership
- Determining client leases
- Licensing new partners or products
- Resolving conflict regarding contract negotiation
- Negotiating with others when designing and implementing work schedules,plans, projects
Executives, Managers or Individuals including:
- Sales professionals
- Contract managers
- Project managers
- Procurement and purchasing officers
- HR Managers
..will improve their contract negotiating skills through attending this course.
Negotiating contracts are part of everyday life.
These contracts range from informal agreements between colleagues and friends to formal and binding contracts worth many millions of dollars.
THE PROGRAM INTRODUCTION
- Overview and expected outcomes
CHARACTERISTICS OF A GOOD CONTRACT
- What is a well-formed contract?
- What skill set do you need to negotiate your contract?
KNOW WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE AND PREPARE TO EXECUTE THEM
- What do you want?
- What can you get?
- What are you willing to give up?
- Understand what is not in the agreement
- At what point will you walk away?
MANAGE THE INFORMATION FLOW
- Who can make the decision?
- Are you speaking to the person who can make the decision?
- How to ask quality questions
- Give instructions only once
- Create trust with your negotiating partner
- Create a relaxed atmosphere
- Elicit high quality information
‘READ’ THE MEANING OF YOUR NEGOTIATING PARTNER’S NONVERBAL COMMUNICATION
- Use your negotiating partners non verbal communication to build rapport
- Answer questions and clarify hidden issues
- Minimize confusion
USE YOUR NEGOTIATING PARTNER’S UNCONSCIOUS COMMUNICATION TO DEDUCE IF THEY ARE TELLING THE TRUTH
- Test the integrity of your negotiating partner
- Minimize confusion before it arises
- Take control of the negotiation
INFLUENCE THE OUTCOME OF THE CONTRACT BY
- Working with the metaphysical
- Working with language
LEARN THE STRUCTURE OF SUGGESTION
- Learn the language patterns of influence
- Apply these patterns in the context of your contract negotiation
OVERCOME OBJECTIONS AND MAINTAIN THE FLOW OF COMMUNICATION
- Use objections as opportunities
- Learn the different forms of objections
- Learn to connect objections with opportunities and deliver them back as resources
INFLUENCE OUTCOMES USING THE POWERFUL MMSS Personality Assessment Survey ™ TO DETERMINE IMPORTANT VALUES
- Understand what motivates your negotiation partner
- What is the best strategy to enable them to make their own decisions?
- Is the negotiation important to them or others they represent?
- Do they need detail or the big picture
- How do they understand the contract in relationship to time?
- What is the decision clincher for the other party?
DOCUMENTING NEGOTIATIONS: GET IT IN WRITING
- The importance of good documentation
- Leave the fine detail to the lawyers
ALWAYS BE NEGOTIATING
- Look for opportunities to gather information even when not in a formal negotiating context
- Always look for opportunities to close the negotiation
PUT YOUR LEARNING INTO CONTEXT
- The course will include lectures, demonstrations, exercises as well as small group practices to both learn and use the skills in this course.
If you have attended a previous training by Terry McClendon (Effective Negotiations Strategies or Advanced Negotiations) , this course provides an excellent opportunity to review what you have learnt and build on that knowledge in the context of Contract Negotiations. This course will also delve deeper into some of the communications patterns such as ‘Meta Programs’ that were covered in the earlier courses.
Click here for our Registration and Refund Policy